Time and location
Neami National is a community mental health service supporting people living with mental illness to improve their health, live independently and pursue a life based on their individual strengths, values, and goals.
Within Western Australia Neami provides both Clinical and Community Services across the Perth, Peel and Great Southern Regions, Midwest and Goldfields including Step up-Step down sub-acute services, Suicide Prevention Coordinators, Adult Community Mental Health and Individualised Community Living Strategy.
Who we are looking for?
A Family and Friends Representative to –
· Support the Committee’s objective of ensuring best practice models of service delivery and a focus on innovative, safe, and quality service
· Be willing and able to review recommendations related to incidents and to support a culture of learning to ensure these are embedded and transferable in practice
· Have an ability to understand and focus on the perspective of others with an experience of mental health services as a carer or consumer
What else applicants need to know?
The duration of the opportunity is 3 Hours per quarter. The Consumers Participant will be remunerated for their participation time at $40 per hour, in accordance with Neami National’s consumer/carer payment policy. This will include 2hr attendance and 1hr of reading/preparation between quarterly meetings.
How to apply
Please complete a short summary on the following:
· What interests you in this position?
· What can you bring to the team as the Family and Friends Participant?
· Any previous experience on committees or panels?