Time and location
The Urgent Mental Health Care Centre (UMHCC) is a new alternative for people who are experiencing mental health distress. The UMHCC provides a safe and welcoming environment, avoiding the need to present to a hospital emergency department.
The UMHCC is based on a philosophy of care and way of working that ensures a strong and equal role for people who have a lived experience of mental health distress.
This includes through our UMHCC Governance Committee, where representatives are equal parts service and lived experience representatives.
Inclusion is critical to the way the UMHCC works, including the Governance Committee. We are seeking lived experience of mental health distress but also lived experience of diversity in culture, sexuality, gender, ability and backgrounds.
The Opportunity involves:
· A 12month commitment to participate on a committee via a monthly 3 hour meeting, both face to face or online
· Preparation of 1hour prior to the meeting, including reading meeting papers and providing input and questions that ensure accountability to our philosophy of care, safety, and service experience
· There may be other participation opportunities, small working groups, events or other UMHCC continuous improvement activities.
Who we are looking for:
· You will need to have lived experience of attending the UMHCC to fulfil this role
· Please see attached application form as well as the UMHCC Governance Framework document which provides a good overview of the skills and contributions you will make.
What else applicants need to know
· We are initially seeking expressions of interest by completing the attached form
· Please submit your application by COB Friday 25th March 2022
· The UMHCC Governance Committee Co-Chairs and SA State Manager will then make selections through a conversation
· We are looking for diverse skills sets and input to the UMHCC, so decisions will include consideration of current input from other members of the committee
Committee members will receive an honorarium of $40/per for their time ($160/Month), which can be received by online voucher or bank transfer. We will also reimburse members for some additional costs, such as travel costs.
For more information regarding the UMHCC please visit the website - https://www.umhcc.org.au/, or to obtain a copy of the governance framework please contact Kim Holmes (SA State Manager) below.