Time and location
The Board of Neami has a Quality, Safety and Clinical Governance Committee that takes up a key role in leading Neami’s great consumer experience goals, monitors clinical and safety risk, incident analysis, continuous improvement and other service developments and innovations. A Lived experience committee member supports the work of this Committee by bringing a lived experience perspective to the oversight of the Committee’s functions and actions.
About the role
The successful applicants would participate in committee meetings. The meetings are currently held online via video conference, and in the future may be held at our Head Office, in Preston in Melbourne.
What we need you to do:
· Read meeting documents (they will be sent to you via email at least a week before each meeting)
· You may be invited to attend pre-meetings to discuss meeting content, clarify any queries you may have and contribute to the agenda development
· Attend the Committee meetings, ask meaningful questions, take part in discussion and decision making
· Optional: there will also be opportunities that come up to be part of smaller projects that come from the work in the committees (these would be voluntary).
What’s the time commitment? And is this volunteer work?
There are between four and five meetings per year. Reading the meeting documents will take about 4 hours per meeting. Each meeting is between 1.5-2 hours long.
These are paid positions. You get paid for the time you spend in attendance at meetings, for travel time and for the preparation time for each meeting. Inline with standard Neami practice, an hourly payment of $40 will be paid for any work undertaken in this role.
The role is for two years.
What skills or experience are we looking for?
We welcome applications from consumers with an interest in improving the quality and safety of services. We value diversity of experience, knowledge, and background. We have a range of processes in place to support your Committee experience and will work with you to ensure these meet your support preferences.
We need people who:
- have an interest in improving the quality and safety of services
- have good communication skills and can confidently express themselves
- have experience speaking as a representative or advocate as part of a committee
- have experience working as part of a team in meetings or working groups
- have experience sharing ideas and offering feedback within a team setting
- have access to a computer and the internet and can use common computer applications such as email, word processing and electronic calendars
Support around understanding the meeting content and documents is available from the Chair and, fellow consumer members. You may be invited to attend a pre-meeting with consumer representatives to discuss meeting content.
If the meetings need to occur online, support around accessing and using the online meeting system will be available to you.
How to apply
· Put together a written application (maximum two pages) that covers the selection criteria, a CV is not required with your application
· Submit your application through the following advertisement and link: https://apply.workable.com/neami-national/j/2A7C758BBD/
· Closing date for applications is Wednesday 16 June
You may be invited for a short interview with 3 panel members to discuss your application